Community Health, Image & Breakthrough to Nursing Director
My name is Marquisha Myles, I attended Oakland Community College (OCC), and I graduate in December of 2017. Since a young age I knew I had a passion for helping others. Having my mother as a role model, I was inspired to follow in her footsteps and pursue nursing as a career. As a member of the Quality and Safety Committee at OCC, I advocate strongly for safe working environments. I will continue my education at Wayne State in the fall of 2018. My goal is to one day obtain licensure so I can practice as a NP.
Responsibilities of Community Health Director
- Update MNSA chapters of community health projects going on in their community.
- Get local chapters involved in the MNSA's community health projects.
- Inform student nurses and the community about important health topics.
- Become informed about current events related to community health via news media and appropriate newsletters, and provide information to the Board of Directors regarding these events.
- Work closely with the Image and Breakthrough to Nursing Director to provide a positive Image of Nursing.
- Plan the MNSA annual community health focus for the following year with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as co-Chairperson with the Image and Breakthrough to Nursing Director for the Committee on Image of Nursing.
- Perform all other duties pertaining to the office, and help out other members on the board.