Current open positions and general descriptions are listed below! If you are interested in running, please contact MNSA.email@example.com for more information.
Elections will be held at our Board of Directors meeting on May 19th, at 9am in Lansing, MI. We hope to see you there!
1st Vice President:
- The First Vice President is an officer of the MNSA and operates mainly in a legislative capacity. The 1st VP reports on rules and regulations that affect the MNSA and makes sure the MNSA’s By-Laws don’t violate the NSNA’s By-Laws and track the NSNA’s By-Laws pretty closely.
- Prepares and submits proposed changes and policies to the MNSA’s By-Laws every year, puts together the Delegate Handbook for the Annual Convention, and acts as the MNSA delegate at the NSNA’s national convention.
- If the President is unable to fulfill his or her duties, the 1st Vice President steps in and takes over those duties.
- Chairperson of the Legislative committees and helps out with other committees and other MNSA projects as the situation requires and/or as the President requires.
- Oversees the resolution process in the House of Delegates and acts as a resource for those members who want to prepare and present a resolution at the state and/or national level.
- Serve as resource person to local chapters of the MNSA by providing information on bylaws, resolutions, legislative affairs, and issues.
- Distribute the revised state bylaws to each MNSA constituent school within two (2) months after the close of the MNSA Annual House of Delegates meeting.
Community Health & Breakthrough to Nursing Director
- Update MNSA chapters of community health projects going on in their community.
- Get local chapters involved in the MNSA's community health projects.
- Inform student nurses and the community about important health topics.
- Become informed about current events related to community health via news media and appropriate newsletters, and provide information to the Board of Directors regarding these events.
- Provide a positive Image of Nursing through community health projects.
- Plan the MNSA annual community health focus for the following year with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as Co-Chairperson with the Image and Breakthrough to Nursing Director for the Committee on Image of Nursing.