To spread the word and prevent alcohol abuse, MNSA is joining other organizations across the country to honor Alcohol Awareness Month.
If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting. Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking:
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women or 2 drinks a day for men.
- Keep track of how much you drink.
- Choose a day each week when you will not drink.
- Don’t drink when you are upset.
- Limit the amount of alcohol you keep at home.
- Avoid places where people drink a lot.
- Make a list of reasons not to drink.
- Drink water after the first drink
Resources for Alcoholism:
Michigan Secretary of State website
Michigan drug rehabilitation website