Responsibilities of First Vice President
- The First Vice President is an officer of the MNSA and operates mainly in a legislative capacity. In plain English, the 1st VP reports on rules and regulations that affect the MNSA and makes sure the MNSA’s By-Laws don’t violate the NSNA’s By-Laws and track the NSNA’s By-Laws pretty closely.
- The 1st Vice President prepares and submits proposed changes and policies to the MNSA’s By-Laws every year, puts together the Delegate Handbook for the Annual Convention, and acts as the MNSA delegate at the NSNA’s national convention.
- If the President is unable to fulfill his or her duties, the 1st Vice President steps in and takes over those duties.
- Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the President and shall succeed to the office of the President in the event of vacancy.
- The First Vice President is the Chairperson of the Legislative committees and helps out with other committees and other MNSA projects as the situation requires and/or as the President requires.
- The First Vice President also oversees the resolution process in the House of Delegates and acts as a resource for those members who want to prepare and present a resolution at the state and/or national level.
- Serve as Chairperson for the Committee on Bylaws, Policy, Resolutions, and Legislation, and be responsible for review and recommendations for changes in the bylaws and policies.
- Serve as resource person to local chapters of the MNSA by providing information on bylaws, resolutions, legislative affairs, and issues.
- Distribute the revised state bylaws to each MNSA constituent school within two (2) months after the close of the MNSA Annual House of Delegates meeting.
- Oversee parliamentary procedure during the annual meeting of the House of Delegates.
- Compile the Delegate Handbook for the annual convention.
- Represent the MNSA as a Delegate at the annual meeting of the NSNA. The First Vice President will prepare a report for the President every evening during the convention on the activities of the House of Delegates.
- Perform all other duties pertaining to the office.
You can also forward the form link to your faculty so that if they wanted to nominate a candidate they can do so.