Membership, Nominations, and Elections Director
Hi! My name is Tuba Rizvi and I am a second-year nursing student at Oakland Community College. I came to the United States on my own when I was 14 to attend an all-girls boarding school in Pennsylvania. This is my fifth year in Michigan, and I love it here! I am the vice president of our SNA and a member of the Nursing Quality & Safety Committee at my college. I am really passionate about social causes and I believe that when we work as a team, we can accomplish anything! My dream is to work in an area of nursing that excites and challenges me every day, like in an ICU or cath. lab. I am very excited to serve on the MNSA board as your new NEC/Membership Director. Please reach out to me if you have any questions regarding the MNSA and how you can get involved-- I look forward to hearing from you!
Responsibilities of Membership Director
- Serve as co-chairperson of the Committee on Membership and Nominations.
- Encourage and support the formation of new constituents of the MNSA.
- Serve as a resource person for local recruitment drives of local, state, and national members.
- Create and send membership packets to constituent schools as necessary.
- Maintain a current list of the names and addresses of all the MNSA members to be used for correspondence purposes.
- Make local constituents aware of the number of entitled delegates to the annual MNSA convention.
- Coordinate the mid-year conference of MNSA.