Hello future nurses of America! I graduated from Henry Ford College (HFC) in December with an Associate Degree in Nursing. I am finishing an additional degree from HFC in Liberal Arts as well as taking classes at the University of Michigan-Flint for an RN-BSN. This month starts my process of transitioning from nurse ex-tern to nurse resident at HFHS, as I begin my nursing career in the MICU. In December my team of eight nursing students and faculty from HFC and I traveled to Belize on a humanitarian nursing trip to provide acute care and education to vulnerable communities. We experienced community health nursing and provided care for one hundred-thirty patients. We have started the process of planning a second, possibly third trip, and have gained interest from other students. I am thrilled to be a part of the MNSA for a second term. I plan to continue building support and opportunities for Michigan’s nursing students.
Responsibilities of President
- Serve as the principle officer of the MNSA and preside at all meetings of the MNSA, the Board of Directors, and the Executive Committee.
- Shall be responsible for seeing that lines of direction given by the House of Delegates and the actions of the Board are carried into effect and for reporting to the membership and the Board of Directors on the conduct of the affairs of the MNSA.
- Appoint special committees with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees, except the Nominations and Elections Committee.
- Represent the MNSA in professional matters to other organizations.
- Previous experience on the MNSA Board of Directors is recommended.
- Perform all other duties pertaining to the office.