Community Health, Image, & Breakthrough to Nursing Director
The Community Health, Image, & Breakthrough to Nursing Director of MNSA is responsible for learning about and educating others on the present image of nursing - while supporting a positive portrayal of the profession and promoting MNSA’s current community health initiative, presents the scholarships and awards at the Annual Convention, and develops the next year’s Community Health Initiative with research and rationales provided.
- Update MNSA chapters of community health projects going on in their community.
- Get local chapters involved in the MNSA's community health projects.
- Inform student nurses and the community about important health topics.
- Become informed about current events related to community health via news media and appropriate newsletters, and provide information to the Board of Directors regarding these events.
- Provide a positive Image of Nursing through community health projects.
- Plan the MNSA annual community health focus for the following year with the approval of the Board of Directors.
- Serve on the Image of Nursing Committee.
- Work to develop and establish Image and Breakthrough to Nursing Committees on all campuses of the MNSA constituent schools.
- Inspire others to want to be a Registered Nurse.
- To show everyone why nursing is such an amazing career.
- Advocate, recruit, and support those traditionally underrepresented students (both those in grade school as well as those who are already in a nursing program).
- Bridge that gap between nursing and different cultures, ethnicities, disciplines and viewpoints.
- Provide content of the Image & Breakthrough to Nursing project at state events and the annual convention.