The Secretary of MNSA records minutes at the monthly meetings, types them, and sends copies to all board members and the NSNA. In addition, the Secretary assists the President with creating an agenda for each meeting, updates and maintains the MNSA member list, monitors MNSA voicemail box and forwards to appropriate board member for response, and is responsible for distributing monthly e-blasts to all members.
- Record the minutes of all meetings of this association, including - but not limited to, the meetings of the MNSA Board of Directors.
- Ensure proper submission of all meeting minutes according to the standards of the NSNA.
- Attain and keep records of attendance of Board of Directors, delegates, and members at any and all meetings of the MNSA.
- Keep all documentation pertaining to the work of the MNSA on file as a permanent record.
- Sign, in collaboration with the president, any MNSA papers as they come into their executive and administrative spheres.
- Be appointed as chairperson or member of committees as deemed necessary by the Board of Directors.
- Perform all other duties pertaining to the office.
- Maintain and update all social media accounts in conjunction with the Communications Director (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Answering phone messages left on the MNSA google voicemail.